Traditional Thai Massage
The practical expression of loving kindness can be traced to Thailand more than 2,500 years ago from the Vajrayana or the Diamond Healing lineage of Tibet. It is deeply influenced by Indian Ayurved and Traditional Chinese medicine.
Thai Massage incorporates elements of mindfulness, gentle rocking, deep stretching, and rhythmic compression to create a singular healing experience.
Thai Massage uses assisted yoga Asanas to open the joints and relieve the tension in surrounding muscles, which allows prana, chi, or healing energy to move more freely through the body.
Thai Massage allows the receiver to experience a deepening into the asana (yoga posture) through a deep and gentle assistance, opening the joints without the resistance created when using their own power. The use of gentle rocking, thumb pressure and rhythmic compression helps the body to be prepared for the stretches so that the person feels “invited” to receive the stretch and defense reactions are not triggered.
Thai Massage is performed on a mat on the floor and the client wears light, loose-fitting clothing. The session can last from one hour to three hours or more. The treatment style is slow, deliberate, gentle, non-invasive, and suitable for even the most fragile person.
Thai Massage facilitates and promotes a harmonious state of being. This ancient healing work strives to remove obstacles on the path toward Promiiwihansii or The Four Divine States of Mind: Loving Kindness, Vicarious Joy, Compassion, and Equanimity. It is a great privilege to touch a person and become a “conduit” for sacred healing energy, and we are honored to be able to offer this Yoga-based healing to you.
“Anyone can benefit from Thai Massage, those of any age and size including those with high levels of stress, physical injury or those experiencing emotional and physical blockages.”
Is Thai Massage Right for Me?
You are a perfect client for a Traditional Thai Massage if you find one or more of these describe you.
- Love to relax and nurture yourself.
- Have a positive attitude towards healing your body.
- Are open to receiving a full body treatment to relax, energize and align your body’s systems.
- Enjoy deep acupressure and supported stretching that has similar benefits to a sports or deep tissue massage.
- Look for personal, spiritual and/or emotional growth and embrace positive change, happiness and prosperity.
- Have an interest in expanding your understanding of energy work as it relates to Traditional Thai Massage.
- Are committed to working through patterns that do not serve you, i.e. postural, breath, tightness, stress etc.
- Have an interest in deeper body awareness and have a willingness to fully receive bodywork and integrate the benefits into your body.
- Have an interest in breath work (yoga) and stillness of the mind (meditation).
- Trust us to create a positive and safe environment for healing on all levels.